Your music must be in a PDF format. You have several alternatives for getting your music into that format.
- Buy it that way
- Scan it at home (your scan must be from a good quality original and can be in color or black and white)
- Music also can be created in Finale or Sibelius and exported as PDF files
Using iTunes is my preferred way for downloading files to my iPad.
- Use the charging cable to connect your iPad to a USB port on your desktop computer or laptop
- Turn on the iPad, but make sure the forScore App is not running
- Start iTunes on your desktop computer or laptop
- Select your iPad in the upper left corner
- Choose “Apps” in the menu at the left side of the screen
- Scroll down and under "File Sharing" select "forScore" under "Apps"
- Follow the prompts on the screen to add your files (The "Add File" button is all the way at the bottom of the screen.)
Your files should Sync automatically with your iPad. To check this, after you have added some files open forScore on your iPad and see if the music is there. If it is not, close forScore, go back to iTunes on your desktop computer or laptop and click the "Sync" button in the lower right corner.
When you are done disconnect your iPad in iTunes by clicking the "Eject" button in the upper left corner near your iPad name. Then unplug your iPad.
Janet Lanier has some excellent "how to" videos on her website for learning to use forScore. Check out http://www.janetlanier.com/page/video-tutorials-on-how-to-use-forscore-on-the-ipad